Saturday 4 January 2014

Do you even Breakfast!?.............Meal of Champions!

To get start started I just have to say how much I love breakfast! Every night I finish my last meal of the day just before going to bed, and before my head even hits the pillow I'm looking forward to the next morning already so I can have Breakfast! :)

regardless if you follow a weight training regieme or are cardio/circuit orientatied with goals of weight loss then breakfast in both cases is a meal you should NEVER skip. People will say they are to busy or have some excuse..........I just don't buy it, Oats take 90 seconds to cook in the microwave, and eggs/egg whites take about 3 minutes to scramble. So if you have an excuse, I don't want to hear it.

Breakfast should always be more dense in calories then most of your meals throughout the day, it will give you sustained energy during the day, and you wont be going to work hungry which then just leads to binge eating or snacking of junk food throughout the day!

I'll go over my breakfast this morning:


So here it is, 1 cup of Oats, 1 Large egg, 1 Cup Egg whites and 1 Kangaroo Pattie (110g)

Let's go over the macro nutrients for this meal.
1 Large egg - 100 calories - 7g fat, 7g Protein
1 Cup egg whites - 125 calories - 28g Protein
1 Kangaroo Pattie - 90 calories - 20g Protein
1 Cup Oats - 300+ calories - 65g Carbs

Total Calories - 615~ Calories - 53g Protein, 65g Carbs, 10g Fat

Oats are a great source of slow release energy, they are absorbed by the body slowly not giving you spikes in your insulin leading to energy slumps and crashing out early in the day.
Egg whites are a 'light' protein and rapidly absorbed by the body, hence why I have a heavier source of protein to sustain my body for longer. Overall the ingredients in this breakfast are ideal for any person with any goals in mind, you just have to change the portioning.


And there it is, less then 10minutes to prepare and cook! Add some blueberries to the oats and you can also add cacao powder for flavour. I also use Smokey Tabasco sauce on my omelet for a bit of bite :) then wash it all down with a large glass of water and a black coffee (sweetened with Stevia) and my Multi-Vitamin, 3000mg of Fish oil and a Super Kelp tablet (packed with natural Iodine for thyroid function and health)

Well I hope you enjoyed this and gave you insight into what a healthy and tasty breakfast is! Feel free to hit me up for any advice when it comes to nutrition or training!! Off to gym shortly for a killer back workout. Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment